Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tori's Schedule

(Remember - click to enlarge)

Oh wow... Tori is growing up. She has less and less free time each year. Probably more free time then a government school kid, but less free time then Mansel. She will probably be glad for Fridays this year. More and more of her classes are becoming independent study type classes.
I'm glad for My Father's World curriculum. She will still do our family classes with us; Bible, History, Science, Vocabulary, book basket, Art, Music, and Nature Walk. I just want to HUG her to me for as long as I can.

I spoke with our Pastor this week about the youth program at church. I'm looking forward to her starting her new Sunday School class, and Sunday Evening class with the young adults. (Teen agers, if you must). She is going to be joining us on Wednesday for prayer meeting. She has graduated from the "kids club". She has more responsibility at this season in her life, then ever before, but she is also going to get rewarded more then ever before. Can you say "Summer Trip"? Oh how exciting. You know... I told her about it and she gave me a 1/2 grin. Oh man alive... I so wear my emotions on my sleeve... 1/2 of a grin??? WHATEVER... I wanted to jump up and down... I'm so uncool. LOL

Did anyone read the article by Mr. Pearl this month? The Cloistered Homeschool Syndrome. This is the time when she has to begin to decide if she has her parent's religion or if it is her own. I just want to take baby steps, baby steps... but I feel like we are stretching by leaps and bounds. I guess it depends on who you are asking. LOL

No comments: