Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Year

We will begin our new school year after the holiday in September. I promise my kiddos they can have all of August off... so that puts our start date at September 2, 2008.

When we start the new school year -- I'll start a new blog. This Here Blog! This will be where I document all things schoolish!

I got this idea from another ladies blog... so don't go thinking I'm all smart, or something.

I must post here once a week for accountability reasons.

I would REALLY appreciate any feed back you have to offer.

We plan on sticking to the 3 months on, 1 month off routine. Having December, April and August totally off. I really need to try to refrain from scheduleing BIG things in the 3 months on. I'm going to be very jealous of my school time this year. I hate that we didn't finish CTG in the 9 months. Now I feel behind. But I will admit... this is the LEAST behind we've ever been.

I'm now going to write a post for each kids - outlining what their school year should look like. (Lord willing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old are your children? I'm looking forward to reading about your weeks. :o) By the way, what is CTG?

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this idea!! I may have to steal it from you and whoever you stole it from!! Excellent idea, seriously!

Look forward to reading all about it!

Unknown said...

Theresa - RIGHT NOW my kids are 12, 8, 6, 4 and 3. But that's all about to change... starting Friday. LOL

Eventually they'll be 3, 5, 7, 9, and 13. This is an ODD year. (for ages)

Sharon - THANKS! Ü But of course... it wasn't my idea. LOL

Unknown said...

Oops... for got to say -- CTG stands for Creation to the Greeks - the first history unit from My Father's World.

Jody said...

I am so glad you gave me this idea! I finally made my first post, so if you want to read it, you are welcome to.
(I figured this is the easiest way to link you. lol)