Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 5

Well, well, well... another week under our belt. Did you read my last post? I was lazy on Monday -- so I made us get behind. Tori, Mansel and Milo did their own school work on Monday and Tuesday.

We got caught up on Wednesday. We are about to start week 32 in My Father's World which, if you remember, is where we all read together in Bible, History, and Science. We are getting so close to be done with that. We are reading Esther for Bible this week. Interesting. I discovered Purim is pronounced Poor-im. Who knew? Probably everyone but me. LOL

Tori took her first test for Apologia Science. We discovered that she doesn't know how to study on her own. :sigh: I read a thread on a message board this week about kids her age and this very class. Most moms were saying, "My kids is taking way too many notes." Oh nice... now I feel really BAD about my mothering/teaching skills. My kid takes NO notes and when she doesn't feel like answering a question -- she writes, "I don't know." She doesn't even TRY to guess. So we reviewed how to do her science. She has retaken the test and I've yet to check it. I'm really not looking forward to it.

I didn't get on the computer much on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday... so we got more school done then normal. But I also double checked that the kids had their school books before we left the house on Wednesday and Thursday. Both days we went to the library in between appointments and practice and we got more school done that way. I need to quit assuming that my kiddos are going to bring their school work with them if they are not done for the day... I know I learned that in public school... A teacher wrote ASSUME on the board and then divided it like this ASS/U/ME with chalk... when you assume... you make an ASS out of U and ME. Nice... but it's true. LOL One should never assume... even when they are my own cute kids!

So - another week down... several to go.

Let's see... we really did school 4 days. We didn't do school on Friday -- we cleaned the house instead. Then Tori was in a government school Homecoming Parade with her Cross Country team. So... I'll have to go check... brb. 23 days done.

No comments: